Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas at Home


This Christmas was wonderful!  It was especially difficult for me this year to keep some gifts a secret for I knew how excited the recipient was going to be upon opening it.  I could hardly contain my excitement and I think that I was counting down the days with more enthusiasm than ever before.  

The house was decorated to perfection and there was a peaceful stillness in the air as light snowflakes hit the ground on Christmas Eve.  It was beautiful!  We all hoped for a plowable snow that we could go sledding in but unfortunately we will have to wait. 

We have a tradition of allowing the kids to open one gift on Christmas Eve.  This year we let them open them in the early afternoon so that they could enjoy them all day long.  They had such a great time.  When evening came, we watched "The Nativity Story" as a family, Lenny read "Night before Christmas",  and we tucked the kids in for the night.  They where so excited for the following morning that they could hardly contain themselves.

The house was still for what seamed like just a moment when I heard tiny footsteps in the hall.  5:30am seamed to come far to early.  I made my way down the stairs to be greeted by my son Jacob who was bouncing with joy over his new Banzai tree.  Within moments the whole family joined us and it was time to make the coffee and start the morning festivities. 

With the opening of every gift came an eruption of passionate shouts of joy.  Among all the toys, clothes, and Nic Nacs...The pillow pets, Nerf guns,the DSI XL, and the X-BOX Kenects was among many of the favorites.  They could not hardly wait to start their play.  It was so much fun to see their eyes light up with excitement and even more fun cleaning up the mess after. :D

My Nephew Jesse-  Cookie Monster pajama Pants


Nani- I-POD Speaker Bag .. Waaaay cool!


Ooooo... What is it?!!!?


An X-BOX!!!!


My Hubby-   An awesome piggy bank.  It shouts "Touchdown" every time you put money in it.


Jacob-  Nerf Guns!!


Jesse with his new Nerf gun


Nani loves TO KI DO KI


Jacob had been wanting these wall hangers for a very long time. He was super Jazzed to finally own them and could not wait to hang them in his room.


Jacob


Nani-  "It's a pillow...It's a pet... It's a pillow pet!"


Jesse and Jacob


Me-  My hubby knows how much I adore sock monkeys.  He actually found me a sock monkey snuggy.  Hahhaaha!  It is the cutest thing!


Sitting down to Christmas dinner, and beings it was just us this year,  I let the kids stay in there Jammie's.  It was alot of fun and the food was ohhh sooo yummy!


Good Eats!


Mariah and her boyfriend Matt



We played all morning long and then had a great Christmas dinner.  It was a wonderful day. 

No comments: